It's never too early to start teaching your kids good financial habits
Some young people like sports while others like music or prefer high-tech forms of entertainment. But almost every kid we've encountered is interested in money. At CoastHills, our youth accounts introduce children to savings account concepts and checking account tools - and can help parents like you put your children on the path to financial responsibility.
It's never too early to teach kids the value of saving and handling money responsibly.
It's OK to start small
It only takes $10 to open an account in your child's name.1
You can easily automatic or one-time transfers in Online and Mobile Banking to send money to your child's account.
We pay dividends on deposits, showing your child how credit unions can help their money grow.
Kids love tech
Hopefully, that means they'll quickly learn how to use the Online and Mobile Banking tools we offer.
Safe and secure
Savings are federally insured up to $250,000 by the NCUA and you can visit us to explore ways to potentially increase this coverage.
- For kids ages 12 and under
- Add tooth fairy earnings, birthday money and weekly allowance to their account and show them how it can grow.
- Earn dividends on deposits.
- We love to celebrate birthdays, and send every Sammy Saver a birthday card with a special gift. Your child can bring it to a branch with a deposit of $1 or more, and we’ll deposit a gift of $5 into their Sammy Savers account.2
- For teens ages 13 to 17
- Teach teens how to grow their savings as they earn money from part-time jobs and put it away for their future.
- At age 16 - and with a parent’s consent - teens qualify to open a Freedom Plus Checking account, which comes with a free Visa® debit card.
- To qualify for their debit card, teens must take our quick financial literacy course called, “Understanding Your Money.”
CoastHills Credit Union is a full-service financial institution with 12 Central Coast locations throughout Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo counties.
1All new members must pay a $5 minimum deposit plus a $5 fee at the time of share origination which will be deposited into the CoastHills Community Foundation general fund.
2 $1 minimum deposit required to Sammy Savers Account within 60 days of birthday.
Your questions answered
You can find your account number by logging in to CoastHills Online or Mobile Banking. Select the account, then the Account Details drop down. From there, you'll see the ACH number, which is your 13-digit account number.
Travel notes cannot be placed over the phone. To place a note on your account, you can send a secure message in CoastHills Online Banking or visit a CoastHills branch.
To send a secure message, log in to CoastHills Online Banking. Select Additional Services, then Secure Messaging. Underneath the search bar, you'll click New Message and complete the ticket.
For mobile, you'll select More from the bottom of your screen, then Secure Messaging. Click on New Message and complete the ticket.
The CoastHills routing number is 322270822
Your checking account number starts with 18, followed by 0's up until your reach your Member Number. For example: 180000012345 is your checking account number. 12345 is your member number.
Your savings are federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), to at least $250,000 and backed by the full faith and credit of the United States Government.
To learn more about federally insured savings coverage, give us a call at (805) 733-7600 or make an appointment at one of our 12 local branches.
Travel life's highways, cruise California waters. We'll help you get out and go.